Fancy writing for Ice Nation UK? We would love to hear from volunteers and enthusiastic bloggers! Experience is not a requirement, but we do ask the following:
- You have the enthusiasm for the game that is required for a regular blogging commitment. We realise that writing posts can be time-consuming, and we aren’t a professional outfit so we don’t expect our writers to commit to a heavy-workload, but regular pieces would be desirable.
- You have a good grasp of the English language – spelling, grammar etc. We do proof-read and edit, so perfection isn’t required, but we have standards!
- You don’t have to be passionate simply about the NHL – we are dedicated to bringing news, analysis and opinion on all leagues, wherever they may be in the world. If you want to write about the Asian League, women’s hockey, sledge hockey, or of course UK hockey, you can do it with us.
- You must keep your articles “classy” – banter is fine (e.g. the Leafs suck), slagging off an entire fanbase (e.g. all Leafs fans are scum) is not.
- We can’t offer monetary compensation – the site is not monetised in any way, shape or form (yet) – but we offer an outlet for budding hockey writers to show their stuff to the world!
If you’re still reading this, and are still interested, contact us using the form below with details of your experience (if any), what you’d like to write about and a brief description of your hockey fandom.
In addition to looking for general hockey writers and EIHL writers, we are looking for writers for the following specific NHL teams (though whether or not your team is listed, we’d love to here from you!):
Finally, we are also very interested to hear from people who might like to write about junior hockey, NCAA hockey, AIHL/NZIHL hockey, women’s hockey, sledge hockey and any other forms of the sport!